Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hampton Inn

Well why in the world would I be writing about the Hampton Inn.... Well this is the wonderful hotel we are staying in! Little miss Emma LOVES her bed and sleep so much that she tells us if she is not in bed by 6! She decided to let us know around 5:30 that she was NOT having the car seat anymore and that she was NOT going to sleep in it anymore. We got off some random exit in WV... need I say more... sorry for anyone that I offend! I thought we were entering a ghost town. It was some town called Lost River or something and we went to a gas station. I thought she had a dirty diaper so jeff went in and I told him to check out the bathroom. He urged me NOT to go in there. So we changed her in the car and she continued to scream so I went and stood on a covered patio with a bunch of bikers because it was raining. We decided that we could try to go... NOPE. The princess had other plans... We stopped at a McDonalds to calm her and get her out. I decided to change her into PJ's in the bathroom she was screaming BLOODY MURDER so I stopped and walked out with a naked baby. I thought someone was going to call 911 on me saying that I was abusing my baby or beating her or thinking that this crazy person has kidnapped a child... and went to the car and decided I would change her in there. I then stood outside the car with a screaming/sleeping (while I stood!) baby but everytime I went to sit she would scream.... so here we are listening to the ocean waves (from the sound machine) imagining that we are at Mema and Papa's place in Marco island... then reality sets in that we are not at their place at the beach but we are in a hotel in WV in the rain...
When we got into the hotel Emma was smiling and laughing at our wonderful slumber party and she thought it was very funny! We got a nice crib from the hotel and I put her down in it and she was out! This is when I wish I had a baby that would sleep somewhere besides a crib or didn't have a scheduled bedtime! Then asl me when we get back and I will be VERY thankful that my little princess is sleeping in her crib!

We have decided we will NEVER do this drive straight through again! I got pictures of her sleeping in the crib so I will put them up when we get settled this weekend!

OH WHAT A NIGHT IN THE SUMMER OF '09!!

No comments: