Saturday, May 2, 2009

OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!!

Snoozing in my mommy and daddy's bed.... It was VERY comfy!

Last night we had a VERY interesting one... It started with some great company. Joe (Jeff's coworker ) and his wife came over to visit and hold Emma :) She isn't to spoiled yet! Joe thought I might need a break from sitting int he house with just Jeff! When they left Jeff's heel started to get more painful. He had been to the doctor in the AM and all looked great and they put the splint back on for another week to let it continue to heal before taking out the stitches... it had started to bother him during the day but got really bad at 9:30. We packed up Emma and headed to the ER at 10:30. As I watched people coming in with 'possible Swine Flu" I decided we need to get Emma out of there so she went to Grandma and Grandpa West for a mini sleepover at 11pm- Mommy was a mess but Emma just slept through it all:)

This is where the fun begins... NO FUN AT ALL!
I got back to the ER they take us back to the room... As Jeff is in the room with crutches the nurse says be careful the floor is wet. Simultaneously, Jeff's crutches went out from under him and he fell... A lot went on and don't want to bore you but in the end the leg is wrapped back up lightly in a splint that broke in half from the fall.... What kind of nurse or common sense person has a injured person on crutches go onto a wet floor....

Emma's sleepover ended around 3:30 and back home to her bed she went... She woke up at 6:30 so she did allow me to get an hour or so of sleep! She has been sleeping all morning but I can't seem to fall back asleep- to worried about Jeff and the pain he is still in! So much for going back to work Monday AM!

I will download a few pictures later today... Can't have an update without pictures of Miss Emma Rose:)
our sleeping arrangement this morning for a short nap/sleep. The dogs and me on the floor, Emma was in the swing and Jeff on the couch.... How comfy!!!!


This was my day today.... sleep, sleep, sleep.... I guess Grandma and Grandpa tired me out on the short sleepover.... The ones on the pink blanket (from Haley and Craig and I LOVE it!) is in mommy and daddy's bed. Mom caved and let me sleep for a little bit on the bed :) It was short lived and now she has me sleeping in my crib.... I think Aunt Kim is rubbing off on her... She has me in a mini boot camp for bed time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think she sleeps like Aunt Kim with her ahnd on her face...